Have you ever got to the end of one year and said: ‘Next year is going to be THE year’, it’s going to be your best year yet? Then in 12 months’ time said the very same thing over again? Or was that just me? That’s what happened to me back before I took control of my life and my results.
You are also definitely not alone. In fact, unless you really take some time out to think, plan and set in motion a series of good quality actions, you will just sit ‘on repeat’ until you make some change. I’m hoping that this could be that very moment; the very moment you decide to shake things up for good.
That’s what I did and it was the BEST decision ever.
I’d love to share with you exactly how you can do that, yes have your best year yet. And like all good things, we like this in easy bite-sized steps. Yes, 3 steps to make 2020 everything you’ve dreamed of. Well at least perhaps to a better year than this one?
- Perhaps you’d like to sell more artwork or art workshops?
- Or maybe you’d like to create more time for yourself in your creative space?
- Or just maybe you want to leave your day job and move from Hobby to Art Business?
All of this is possible and much more and I’m going to show you how.
The 3 Steps To Make 2020 Your Best Year Yet:
Before we look at my simple 3 steps (and you’ve likely heard them all before, I’m not telling you anything new…), we need to wave a proper goodbye to 2019. And the best way to do this is to review your previous year and then just consciously Let Go of all your results. Whether those are good or bad…just let them go.
Now you are ready to move forward…
1. You have to work out WHAT you really, really want and then turn it into a fabulous GOAL.
I’m a massive believer in Goal Setting. But I also think if you’ve never fully achieved a goal you’ve set, then start really small.
Here’s a reminder on how to set the perfect goal:
- Ask yourself what you really want to achieve next year; not what you think you should be doing…or what someone else would like you to do.
- Write it out in a way that is crystal clear, so a 7-year-old would understand.
- Then make it measurable; how will you know when you’ve achieved it?
- Make it realistic for you; make sure you can actually do this. Don’t worry if you’re not sure ‘how’ as that’s usually actually the easy part. (I do a lot of ‘how-to’ teaching – on my Blog, Facebook Page, IGVT, YouTube and in 2020 from my new Podcast).
- Place a date on it so you have a clear deadline to plan and work towards.
- Write it down and tell people what you are going to do.
You know you have the perfect goal when you have goose-bumps…you’re excited and a little bit afraid; but not too afraid to take action.
2. Then you’ll need to work out a PLAN to get you there.
Ok so you’ve worked out WHAT you want to achieve for your best year yet, now we have to plan out how to get there. That’s a simple but powerful Artists Business Plan.
Imagine your Goal is something like this:
‘It is December 1st 2020 and I have sold 10 of my new 30 paintings at my own solo Artists Open Studio and am paying $10,000 into my business bank account.”
Well there are a few things that are required to get to this point, especially if you haven’t started work on your new collection yet. And maybe you’ve never done an Artists Open Studio, have nobody on your Mailing List, not much of a Social Media following and you’re not sure where to start.
3. Last but absolutely not least you’ll need to take consistent ACTION.
Here we are at Step 3 and in my experience, this is where it can potentially all fall apart. You have your shiny new Goal and you’ve taken the time to build your Artists Business Plan, now you need a few things in place to help you put it all into daily consistent Action.
Of course, the largest obstacle can be ourselves, yes your Mind-set and we’re not dealing with that here today. Today I’m going to share 5 simple things you can do to move towards your best year yet with energy and excitement.
5 Ways To Get Into Action:
- Remind yourself daily of your Goal and why you are doing this.
- Break your year down into Projects, as this makes things SO much easier.
- Use Diary Planning aides, like an app, planning not-pads from your favourite stationery shop, or even a spreadsheet if you love those.
- Use Sunday to plan ahead for the week, so you start focussed and clear.
- Get an accountability buddy, a professional coach or mentor to support, encourage, question and motivate you.
So there you have it. A simple 3 Step Process to creating your best year yet in 2020. Will you do this? Follow the steps? I’d love to follow your journey, so connect with me on Social Media, like Instagram and DM to say you’ve read this blog.